Thursday, August 04, 2011

Scoop’s Books website crashed and burned


Anyone who has read my daily weblog over the past eight years knows that I write about fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation. I cover some of the Department of Natural Resources' issue, and have some 500 fishing and hunting books for sale.

A few examples of some of my outdoor books for sale.


Well, at least as of last weekend. Putting up that many books doesn't happen overnight. It doesn't happen over the period of a week or two. It takes time, lots of time, to post a write-up of each individual book and post a photo of the book to the description of each book sale.

Who knows what happened last weekend. The most common accident of all is one known as operator error. That doesn't apply in this case because I wasn't on-line nor was I working in the Scoop's Books portion of my website.

Listings for more than 500 fishing-hunting books and magazines were lost.


I opened up the machine, and went to check on the availability of a particular book on Scoop's Books, and was notified that there had been a fatal error. Everything was gone, and couldn't be found, My webmaster is a great friend, and knows how much Scoop's Books means to me, but when he tried to get in, there was that 'fatal error' message staring him in the face.

He tried to work his customary magic, but could not pull this white rabbit out of the hat. It was gone to that great never-never land in the sky … or wherever.

Anyone who wants to buy a book, I will work with you on it. I have a personal copy of the entire text of Scoop's book, but it is a voluminous documents. If you know the author and title, email the information and your message. I will comb through the files, examine the book and try to match things up with clients. I was offering a 10 percent off discount off all books, and will honor that discount until I can get my book list up and rolling again.

One of the hottest book topics right now are turkey hunting titles. I have a large number of common and very scarce books on various topics besides just common turkey books. Turkey books are increasing in value, and in many cases, I can't keep certain books in stock.

I stock many muskie fishing and turkey hunting books.


I also offer my clients counseling on trying to acquire a complete turkey library, Frankly, it is very difficult to do these days and some books are almost prohibitively expense to all but some of the wealthiest people.

I specialize in fly fishing books, muskie fishing books, duck hunting titles, decoy books, and a generous mix of other fishing and hunting titles. I also have a large number of bibliographies (books about books) on fishing and hunting related topics.These books often are used by sporting and fishing booksellers, and it allows people to study our sports from an earlier era.

I'm easy to find. Email me and put books in subject line.


Do touch base with me with any questions about certain books. I've worked on and off for more than 40 years. Feel free to quote any books with author and title name, and for me to sell books I have to buy them. I've been a full-time outdoor writer for all these years, and although my book supply peaks and ebbs, there are always some excellent titles in stock.

In the meantime, I'll try to get my Scoop's Books listing back up on the Internet so you can see what else we offer. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your patience during this difficult period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them 'on-topic' and cordial. Others besides me read this blog, too. Thanks for your input.